For summer student applicants, we adhere to the On Campus Interview (OCI) process, and in October we will be attending Osgoode Hall Law School and the University of Toronto.
Students from other law schools will also be considered, and we welcome interested students from all law schools to apply. We do invite students from law schools we do not do OCIs with to attend in-firm interviews.
We would ask that interested students submit the following:
• Cover Letter
• Official Law School Transcript
• Official Post-Secondary Transcript
• List of proposed upper-year courses
• References are not necessary but are welcomed
Important information for summer applicants:
• Students who we wish to meet during OCIs will be notified by their law school to attend an OCI (unless otherwise specified by the law school).
• Following the OCIs, our recruitment group will select students to attend in-firm interviews.
• Students will receive an e-mail in advance of call day to expect our call.
• On call day we will contact selected applicants to schedule an in-firm interview. Students scheduled for an interview will receive a letter confirming the interview details.
• Students who are invited to an in-firm interview should allocate at least one hour for their initial interview with us.
Our articling program is a natural extension of our summer program. Our articling student program begins in August and runs for a ten month period pursuant to the requirements of the Law Society of Upper Canada. Typically, our summer students return to article with us, however, in certain circumstances, we do accept separate applications for articling.
Not only will you have the opportunity to interact directly with clients and take on as much responsibility as you feel comfortable with, but you can do so with the support and supervision of experienced lawyers who are leaders in their fields of practice.
The collegial atmosphere of our boutique firm may not be for everyone. If you are interested in criminal law, family law or litigation, this is not the firm for you. If you prefer to have your nose in a book in the library for weeks on end, you may be looking for a different firm. If, however, you have a let’s-get-it-done attitude and are a creative thinker then please send us your application.
What are we looking for? Well rounded individuals who show a real and demonstrated interest in, and aptitude for, the practice of real estate and business law.
All student applications should be addressed to:
Owens Wright LLP
300-20 Holly Street
Toronto, ON M4S 3B1
Applications may be submitted by:
• email at email@example.com
• regular mail to the address noted above